Here’s your daily tech digest, by way of the DGiT Daily newsletter, for Thursday, July 11, 2019!
1. The new Nintendo Switch is a worse Switch, but it’s $100 off
There are probably more than two types of Switch players, but these are the two I know:
- The first never uses it in any way other than a console. That Switch is always plugged into the TV.
- The second has played a huge amount of hours and never hooked it up with the TV.
- For the first Switch gamer, the new Nintendo Switch Lite, announced yesterday. won’t make any sense.
- “It’s a new worse Switch,” they cry.
- Except it’s $100 less expensive, making it a $200 product. And you can still buy the original Switch, which looks like it’s getting a possible internals tweak to be faster/lighter/more efficient. (We don’t yet know.)
Back to the new Switch Lite. Numerous publications had the chance to go hands-on, and here’s what you get.
- It’s smaller, lighter, but otherwise similar – the Lite version didn’t lose much.