One of the quickest ways to save juice on your phone is to kill apps running in the background, and virtually all manufacturers do this automatically. But some brands are more aggressive about killing apps than others, meaning that you might miss out on alarms, messages, and other functions.
Fortunately, OnePlus has announced a series of developer-focused commitments on its forum (h/t: r/android), including firmware updates to fix background apps being killed. You can check out the full list of developer community commitments below:
- Kernel sources to be released on time for all builds including Open Beta build.
- We will introduce a Bounty Program for reporting security vulnerabilities.
- We will be promoting custom ROMs on OnePlus forums and Social Media for EOL (End of life) devices.
- Concerns about apps getting killed in the background due to aggressive battery optimization – to be fixed in upcoming updates.
- We will make sure that devices are seeded quicker to developers in the program after the launch of a new device.
- We will be expanding the existing device seeding program to include more members.
- More OnePlus community meetups to be organized around our developer community.
The news comes a while after OnePlus gained the …read more
Source:: android authority